Thank you very much for your all the coming all the way. STEP-2 was successfully closed after a pretty intimate and intensive workshop and walk-shop.
-> Photo Gallery for the Memory of STEP-2
-> GO TO next STEPs (STEP-3 (2.5), STEP-4)
The second international workshop on
Static-Tribo-Electricity of Powder
4th-6th August, 2016
Université de Technologie de Compiègne, Compiègne, France
After the success of STEP-1 (2014 Dec., Tokyo JAPAN), STEP-2 is going to Compiègne, France. STEP is a small intensive and intimate, discussion based, workshop on tribo-electricity and particle charging. The scope covers a range of fundamental and applicational aspects on the mechanism of generation of electrostatic charge, control of charged particles, measurement of electrostatic charge, and other topics related to tribo-electrisity. The workshop is open for all the researchers and engineers in the field of Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electric Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and others. The workshop will contribute to provide opportunities to such contemporary researchers and engineers to have direct discussions on face to face, and to establish an international network.
Khashayar Saleh, the chair, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
Mikel Leturia, head of executive committee, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
Tatsushi Matsuyama, secretary general, Soka University, Japan
- Prof. Li Xie, Lanzhou University, China
- Assoc. Prof. Jun Zhou, Lanzhou University, China
- Dr. Muzammil Ali, Leeds University, UK
- Dr. Umair Zafar, Leeds University, UK
- Dr. Vincenzino Vivacqua, Qatar University, Qatar
- Prof. Khashayar Saleh, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
- Prof. Tatsushi Matsuyama, Soka University, Japan
- Prof. Matti Murtomaa, University of Turku, Finland
- Ms. Karolina Biegaj, Imperial College London, UK
- Prof. Boonchai Techaumnat, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- dress code: casual
- topics: fundamentals of
- mechanisms of tribo-electrification
- electrostatic effects on particles
- measurements on electrostatics
- important dates:
- 30th June: deadline for abstract submission
- 22th July: deadline for registration
- 3rd August: business meeting (optional)
- 3rd August: pre-mixier (TBA)
- 4th August: the workshop day
- 5th August: the workshop day
- 6th August: excursion
- 6th August: round-table session (optional: closed; pre-registration is required)
- 6th August: business meeting (optional)
- venue: UTC : Université de Technologie de Compiègne
- meeting room: E202 (Bât. E, Centre de recherché de Royallieu)
- caution: The building door is closed. The meeting point is in the front of Pierre Guillaumat Building (google map).
- transportation from city center: 15 minutes from city center by bus or 25 minutes by walk. All buses are free in Compiègne. Take the following bus:
- Bus n° 2 : Direction Monnet, Stop : Centre de Recherche
- Bus n° 5 : Direction Hopital, Stop : Centre de Recherche
- By Air
- From Paris-CDG airport -> (RER B line) -> Paris Gare-du-Nord train station (25 min., every 10 or 15 min.) -> (express train bound for Compiègne or bound for Saint-Quentin) -> Compiègne (45 min., every one hour)
- OR from CDG airport you can take taxi to Compiègne
- Please book your accommodation by yourself: you can find a couple of budget hotels in city center of Compiègne, where is in walking distance from the workshop venue as well as Compiègne train station, besides most of bars, restaurants, shops and social activities.
- registration fee is free, exclusive lunch and dinner.
- technical program:
- social activities:
- pre-mixer: 3rd August: Please do not hesitate to participate the pre-mixing activity on your own expense. The details will be informed to the registered participants.
- Gala dinner: 4th August: the details will be informed at the workshop.
- excursion: Domaine de Chantilly: the details will be informed at the workshop.
- CONTACTS: if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail to,
|Abstracts are available with LINKS on titles.
|3rd August, Wednesday
||Pre-mixer: details will be informed to the pre-registered attendees.
|4th August, Thursday
||Morning Coffee Gathering
Khashayar Saleh (Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France, the Chair of STEP-2)
chair: Tatsushi Matsuyama (Soka University, Japan)
||#1 Measurement of electrostatic charge of pharmaceutical aerosols
Matti Murtomaa (University of Turku, Finland)
||#2 EM scattering of charged particle systemr
Jun Zhou (Lanzhou University, China)
||#3 Movement of nonspherical conducting particles under an electric field
Boonchai Techaumnat (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand)
chair: Li Xie (Lanzhou University, China)
||#4 On the modeling of tribocharging of powders during the pneumatic conveying
Khashayar Saleh (Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France)
||#5 Modelling of Partial Electrocoalescence: Linear Dynamics Approach and Level-Set Method
Vincenzino Vivacqua (Qatar University, Qatar)
chair: Mojtaba Ghadiri (University of Leeds, UK)
||#6 The Impact of Processing on Interfacial Properties and Electrostatic Chargeability of Powders
Karolina Biegaj (Imperial College London, UK)
||#7 A study on contact electrification of particles under different relative humidity
Li Xie (Lanzhou University, China)
||Gala Dinner (details will be informed at the workshop)
|5th August, Friday
||Morning Coffee Gathering
chair: Matti Murtomaa (University of Turku, Finland)
||#8 Evaluation of a New Technique for Triboelectric Charging of Particles
Umair Zafar (Leeds University, UK)
||#9 Analysis of single particle charging in G3 disperser
Muzammil Ali (Leeds University, UK)
chair: Boonchai Techaumnat (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand)
||#10 Charge transfer and discharge in contact and separation
Tatsushi Matsuyama, Soka University, Japan)
||Business Meeting and Closing Remarks
||Lunch and Excursion (optional)
|6th August, Saturday
||Business Meeting (optional)
LINK to previous workshops:
- STEP-1: Soka University, Hachioji Tokyo, Japan
Organizing Committee of STEP-2:
- Khashayar Saleh, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France: Chair
- Mikel Leturia, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France: Head of executive committee
- Daniel Lacks, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Poupak Mehrani, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Peter Ireland, The University of Newcastle, Australia
- Li Xie, Lanzhou University, China
- Mojtaba Ghadiri, University of Leeds, UK
- Matti Murtomaa, University of Turku, Finland
- Boonchai Techaumnat, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Jun Yao, Xiamen University, China
- Shuji Matsusaka, Kyoto University, Japan
- Tatsushi Matsuyama, Soka University, Japan: Secretary general
- 2014 December 23: a preliminary web-page for STEP-2 was opened.
- 2015 January 16: a facebook page for STEP was opened.
- 2015 November 5: preliminary update: still lots of TBA-s.
- 2015 November 13: preliminary update: still lots of TBA-s.
- 2016 April 19: preliminary update: some talk topics (tentative titles) and travel information were added (to be updated).
- 2016 April 27: Venue updated
- 2016 April 27: excursion updated: Domaine de Chantilly
- 2016 June 7: registration form uploaded.
- 2016 June 9: minor update.
- 2016 July 15: Abstract-page was uploaded.
- 2016 July 15: the deadline for registration was extended.
- 2016 July 15: some minor updates were added.
- 2016 July 18: preliminary program was updated.
- 2016 July 28: Last minute update.
- 2016 August 6: STEP-2 was successfully closed.
- 2016 August 12: Link to photo gallery was added.